Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy July 4th!

Happy Fourth of July everyone!! I always love this holiday! I think it is so neat to see everyone wearing red, white, and blue and being patriotic. I just love the country we live in. We are so lucky!! We had a pretty fun and tiring day! We spent the day as a family at the zoo. Josh LOVED it! Lately he has been so fascinated by animals so he had a great time at the zoo today. We had to spend about 20 minutes at every exhibit...or so it felt! His favorites were the lions and the monkeys. He was growling at the lions what a tough little guy he is! Because it doesn't get dark until about 10:00 here we decided to pass on the fireworks. The kids go down between 7:00 and 8:00 at night....and Natalie is sleeping through the night now so nothing was worth messing that schedule up!! But after we put Natalie down for the night we went outside...even though the sun was still up...and did sparklers and poppers with Josh. He thought that was pretty fun! It is hard to see the sparklers in the pictures but I promise they are there!! Now that Josh is down Mark and I are going to kick our feet up and finish the night with a movie and rootbeer floats. Sounds so good right now! Here are just a few pictures of the zoo and doing sparklers with Josh. Enjoy!






1 comment:

K. Bitton said...

How cute! I don't blame you at all for not messing up natalie's schedule. Good for you!! We did miss you guys though. Maybe next week we can go to the zoo? (this week I have girls camp (cringe) but next week is open and I'll need a break)